Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We Know Some Awesome People

Right now, I am sitting on my couch with a bowl of soup. Now, this shouldn't come as a surprise, given the name of this journal. What is different about this, is that this soup came from some friends of my family who are looking after us since my dad had surgery.

Today has been an amazing example of just how good God is to us.

Most of you probably know that we are moving to Illinois this summer, (and to those of you who don't know, you haven't been paying attention have you?) In our moving process, we've needed the help of a lot of people. While Kyle and I are away at school, mom is at home, trying to do it all. That's just not healthy. I don't think anyone could expect her to pack an entire house by herself.

 There have been so many people willing to step up and lend a hand. I know that the men's ministry from our church came by one day to help do a lot of heavy lifting and moving, things that my mom probably couldn't do. We have had somewhere around three meals dropped at our house, just a few days after dad's surgery. We're allowed to store a bunch of our household junk in a friends storage garage while we try and pack up. Today, a friend came over to fix our broken attic door.

I take this entire time as an example of how God helps out those who need him. I can't count the number of times mom has come home and said that something was a God moment. It's all these little that add up to help. I know that we still ave some big needs, like selling our house soon. God will work in those moments when we need Him, and He'll work big, that's no surprise. But it's finding Him in these little moments, always helping, that really encourages me.

All the awesome people God has brought into our life is amazing. And they definitely balance out all the troublemakers that we've had to deal with.

Just something to chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment